Colour management is vital to the successful supply of printed, flexible packaging.
The process of print has evolved over many years, no longer reliant on the judgement of the human eye, the use of digital technologies makes colour management throughout the design to print process measurable, controllable and shareable.
Ultimate Packaging work closely with a network of pre-print suppliers, each focused on the controlled production of colour based on the requirement of the customer.
X-rite Colour SpectroEYE
To ensure colour remains consistent throughout the flexible packaging supply chain Ultimate Packaging use the X-rite Colour SpectroEYE, installed at various touchpoints in the print production process, including each of the six flexo presses, the ink store and colour testing lab.
Ultimate Packaging is one of the only flexographic printers in the United Kingdom to have installed X-rite technology to such a high level, insisting on the testing of live data throughout the print process and on every reel produced
Key benefits of using X-rite Colour SpectroEYE:
- X-rite Colour SpectroEYE holds customer specific colour standards that are referred to by design, pre-press and print teams as required.
- Print quality reports are produced using the system and sent to customers along with colour standard print samples as requested.
- Communication has improved throughout the supply chain and with our customers, reducing issues, improving service levels and the consistency of colour.
- We now receive zero customer complaints regarding Pantone colour.
- Colour standards can be shared digitally with other printers who use X-rite Colour SpectroEYE, offering an increased level of consistency across the print industry.
- The Colour SpectroEYE is highly sensitive to changes in colour influenced by variations in light, therefore the equipment is used in a light-box to ensure consistent lighting, reflective of the lighting levels found in UK retail environments.