Our objective is to protect the environment and to consistently improve our performance regarding emissions into the air, water and soil.
- ISO 14001 certified
- Regulated by A2 permit – we keep our emissions significantly below emission limits set by local authorities. We are classed as a low risk business due to the improvements and controls we have developed and implemented.
- The Distillation Unit is a system designed to recover contaminated solvents and inks which helps to reduce the need for virgin solvents and the volume of waste incurred from cleaning. The cleaned solvent is as effective as new solvent and is therefore re-introduced into the solvent circuit to use to wash out print stations when changing colours, aniloxes and doctor blades. We also dispense the solvent for cleaning other areas on the shop floor but it is not used for the printing process as we make food packaging.
- We recycle solvents from waste ink. As a result of solvent recovery virgin solvents are now only used for printing purposes and on the laminatorc for solvent-based lamination. We recycle approximately 48,000 litres per month, giving us an average solvent recovery of 92%.
- The Oxidiser measures the captured, treated VOC emissions from our flexographic presses. The emissions are treated by regenerated thermal oxidisation, enable us to achieve emissions well below the limits set out in our A2 permit.
Other projects geared towards reducing our environmental impact include
- 200 photovoltaic solar panels on the factory roof to increase the use of green technology by the company and to further improve our carbon footprint. In the height of Summer this can produce 50Kw of free energy and can save us 44337 Kwh of electricity per year.
- Energy efficient hand dryers at all wash stations to reduce landfill of paper towels.
- Installing voltage optimisation technology to reduce electrical energy consumption reducing voltage by 8% from 237v to 219v. This has saved 530,000Kwh per year.
- Using waste heat to warm areas of production.
- Using heat from the abatement plant to warm thermal oil for presses.
- Investment in new printing technology – for improved energy efficiency.
- Segregating waste at source to optimise recycling.
- Introducing lighting polices throughout the site.
- Improved transport/warehousing systems – including storing product on site in order to reduce the number of pallet movements and transport.
Our objective is to employ a process approach to enable consistency and efficiency which will in turn ensure our products continue to exceed the expectations of our stakeholders and comply with all applicable quality and safety legislation.
- We are ISO 9001 certified.
- We use an integrated QMS to ensure continuity of high standards in all areas.
- We have good supplier relationships and have helped a number of suppliers achieve BRC/IoP certification.
- We have comprehensive disaster recovery and business continuity procedures.
The complete Ultimate Packaging business considers Health and Safety as equal in importance as any other function of the company and its business objectives.
- We strongly promote the ethos that safety is the responsibility of everyone within the organisation and is not just a function of the Managers and have established a no blame culture to encourage everyone to report problems and make suggestions for improvement.
- Members of SEDEX – follow the ethical trading initiative.
- Audited and approved against SEDEX/SMETA Standards.
Ultimate Packaging Ltd, Flexo Centre, Pegasus Way, Europarc, Grimsby, DN37 9TS, UK. Registered Number: 1625575
Call: +44 (0)1472 255400 | Email: email@example.com | Fax: +44 (0)1472 255440