ICT Support Engineer
Lines of communication to: ICT Manager, Managing Director/Finance Director, All other users of ICT within the Ultimate Group, Suppliers, Customers
Please complete our optional Equality monitoring form
As part of our equal opportunities policy we are committed to monitoring recruitment of staff. The information will be used solely for monitoring purposes and has no part in any selection process.
Aim/Purpose of Job
To play a lead role in the design, installation, testing, support and maintenance of the Ultimate Group’s servers and underlying systems infrastructure with the aim of making the business more efficient while improving the reliability and value of services delivered to both internal and external customers.
- Monday – Friday
- 1-3yrs experience as 2nd or 3rd line support essential
- Experience on Microsoft exchange 2016 and Windows 2016 preferred
- Working extra hours may be required to meet critical project deadlines.
- Working additional hours outside of normal working hours may be required.
- Working off site may be required which may involve travel and overnight stays.
- A full UK driving license is preferred but not essential.
Main Duties & Tasks
- Review, maintain and improve all current systems through proactive management and monitoring.
- Provide first class ICT support to end users within the Ultimate Group.
- Prioritisation and escalation of support incidents to 3rd party support vendors where necessary.
- Investigate bugs/misconfigurations and resolve in a timely manner whilst minimising downtime to systems/services.
- To ensure systems and data are adequately and appropriately backed-up to fulfil the required RTOs and RPOs as the DR/BC plan directs.
- To ensure systems and data backups are adequately and appropriately tested for restore/recovery purposes to an agreed schedule.
- Develop ‘approved’ infrastructure, systems and services in-line with the Ultimate Group ICT strategy.
- Updating support calls, hardware/software assets and building a knowledgebase via the support helpdesk systems.
- Ensure all software (incl. media + documentation) is properly stored and licensed using approved auditing & reporting tools.
- Produce and present new ideas/detailed design specifications for system improvements, upgrades and migration plans, including cost/benefit proposals.
- Testing the hardware/software configurations in a controlled, real situation environment.
- To implement and improve processes and procedures to ensure maximum up-time and responsiveness thus enhancing the end-user experience.
- Preparation of documentation and implementation of change management procedures.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organisations.
- To provide ICT advice and where necessary ICT tuition for team members and work colleagues.
- To comply with all quality procedures and practices to ensure that company standards are met and surpassed.
Attitudes & Qualities
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to detail.
- Highly resourceful, demonstrates a “can do” approach and thinks outside the box.
- Ability to assess risk and impact of own actions and events on users and systems (the bigger picture).
- A professional approach to time management, costs, quality of work and deadlines.
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team.
- Professional written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask incorporating tight deadlines dealing with a wide variety of issues and unexpected interruptions.
- Ability to manage change effectively and adapt to it quickly.
- Willingness to work to a ‘flexible’ schedule.
- Confident in communicating and presenting in a polite manner to colleagues and customers/suppliers on all levels.
- High level of self-motivation with a will to succeed.
- Ability to take on-board new information and learn new skills in a timely manner.
- A keen interest and creative flair in computer programming/scripting will be advantageous.
Apply now Equality monitoring