Lines of communication to: All Directors, Sales & Pre Production, Production, Quality
Please complete our optional Equality monitoring form
As part of our equal opportunities policy we are committed to monitoring recruitment of staff. The information will be used solely for monitoring purposes and has no part in any selection process.
Aim/Purpose of Job
Working as part of our Technical team you will provide support and assistance to the Technical Department and customers where necessary to overcome packaging-related issues. This role is Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm however, the role will require flexibility.
Main Duties & Tasks
- Administration to include: maintaining spread sheets, meeting minutes, relevant customer requests, emails
- Updating and creating Company Works Instructions and Technical Procedures
- Ensure that legislation updates are maintained for Technical use
- Capable of completing customer specifications in the required format.
- Completion of a monthly report on ‘Platts’ prices
- Understand Modified Atmosphere Packaging and be able to relate products to laser perforation information, including completion of laser request information from the Sales Department
- Product analysis involving some laboratory or factory testing / trialling when required
- Perform laboratory based testing on foodstuffs and packaging materials
- Undertake project work and research in areas as directed by the Technical Manager
- Organise samples to be sent for migration testing and log receipt of samples
- Obtaining samples from factory for Technical testing
- Obtaining samples from store or customers where applicable for Technical testing
- Maintenance of the ‘Film Register’ with appropriate information and specifications from suppliers
- Raising new film codes using internal computer systems
- Attendance of monthly Trial Meetings and actioning outcomes including updating systems/spread sheets and staff where relevant
- Give assistance if required to overcome packaging related issues, either internally or externally.
- Supporting quality complaints through investigation and customer/supplier communication
- Responsible for preparing and issuing declarations of compliance when requested by customers
Attitudes & Qualities
- Self-motivated and assertive individual
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Computer literate
Apply now Equality monitoring