Trainee Mounter Proofer
Lines of communication to: All pre-press and print personnel
Please complete our optional Equality monitoring form
As part of our equal opportunities policy we are committed to monitoring recruitment of staff. The information will be used solely for monitoring purposes and has no part in any selection process.
Aim/Purpose of Job
Train towards a mounter proofer operative, gain skills required and practice these under supervision, developing mounter and plate problem-solving skills.
- £8.40 per hour starting wage
- 12 hour shifts (5.45 – 6.00)
- Paid 43 hours per week average
- 5/2 shift pattern, working 2 weeks days then 2 weeks nights
Would you like to join our waiting list to become a Trainee Mounter Proofer?
Complete the online application to be kept on hold for any future vacancies.
Main Duties & Tasks
- Locate and efficient use of materials within the production department.
- Work within the guidelines of health & safety, i.e. solvents/lifting equipment/DSE/knife safety/compressed air
- To clearly follow work instruction documentation i.e. job cards/lay sheets /programme.
- Follow department procedures for plate care/storage and understand plate manufacture
- To demonstrate skills required to perform basic tasks –lay tape /plate care/sleeve care.
- To demonstrate the ability to mount a sample job to the required standard
- To complete all required production documentation accurately
- To deal with problems quickly and efficiently seeking advice where necessary.
- To carry out quality checks
- To be able to understand the programme and prioritise work order
Attitudes & Qualities
- Team Player
- Highly motivated
- Show pride in work
- Good attention to detail
Apply now Equality monitoring